video

Whole 30 Kitchen Clean Out

On Friday Ed from Ed’s Gym and his family came over and we cleaned out our kitchen in preparation for our Whole 30 plan and the kick-off of this crazy idea.  Here’s some video highlights as we empty out the pantry, refrigerator, freezer and cabinets.

Here’s a time lapse video of the whole process in under 2 minutes.

Yesterday we went shopping with Ed to re-stock the pantry and refrigerator and should have a new post up tomorrow.

We’re excited to finally be getting started and we’ve moved the Whole 30 plan start date up to today and the fitness training will start on Monday, 9th.  Thanks for stopping by to check out the blog, we’re excited to have you join us as we make this huge lifestyle change and begin our journey to health.

What would be the hardest thing for you to clean out of your pantry?

Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the products and services mentioned in the post above may have been received free of charge for review and/or promotional purposes, and some of the links posted may have been "affiliate links". This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I may receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, my reviews are based on my honest opinions and I will only recommend those products or services that I use personally and believe will be of value to my readers. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions's 16 CFR, Part 225: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
About jeffabel

Comments

1. Haley Peppard Horner says:

Jeff & Julie — You guys are truly an inspiration! Thank you for being so real and upfront and sharing this change! We haven’t gone whole30 yet but are really thinking about gearing up next month, I’m taking notes from y’all!! I can’t believe how big your kids are! So precious!
    Keep up the good work & updates!
    Haley (FFI Spring 06)

• Russell Wells says:

That is the only way to start the Whole 30. Cold Turkey!!! It is better that way, no temptation left in the house.

• jeffabel says:

Thanks Haley – keep us posted on when you start and how it is going.

Russell – we do have a few things in the house for Julie’s grandma who is 88. We figured she’s earned the right to eat whatever she wants. She has her own shelf in the top of the pantry were it is out of sight for us.

2. Jessy Griz (ffiClass of 09) says:

I’m so proud of you guys!!!!! Tell Ed I’ll work for him if he needs more people to move up to CO and help with the whole food movement! YEAHHHHHHHHHHH ABEL FAMILY! GET GET EM!

3. Adrienne says:

You guys are brave…it took me years to do what you did in an afternoon. You will be so enlightened you will never turn back. This is the greatest gift you can give yourselves and your children. You can do it!

4. Natalie says:

Stick with it, this totally works, my family has never looked back, it kind of hurts mentally at first but once you get over the bread craving that hits on day 3 you’ll be laughing *even if your friends think you’re crazy*.

• jeffabel says:

Thanks for the encouragement Natalie – Started Day 1 today and it isn’t as bad as our kids thought it would be : ). Expecting a few challenging days later this week.

5. Ellen says:

I’m speechless. I assure you there is no judgement – that is what the vast majority of American kitchens look like. But I can tell you one thing – YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!! I’m so super jazzed for you guys for taking this on. The video was awesome and I can tell that you are in it for the long haul. GO GO GO!!!

6. Tonja Pizzo says:

That was awesome!!!! Wish I had a time lapse video of the pantry clean out. GOOD JOB!! WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

7. Tara Burch says:

Your family is an inspiration! I’m on day 8 of my first Whole30, and I’m doing it alone. My husband and son are stuck with the dinners I make, but I didn’t do a big pantry/fridge clean out like you did, or I might have gotten kicked out of the house! Maybe someday. . . I’m looking forward to following your story–best of luck to you on all of your healthy challenges!

8. Janeen says:

the hardes thing for me to give up would be Beans and Legumes. Just can’t wrap my mind around the fact these are not good for a person. I really think everyone has to find their own way. What’s right for one will not necessarily be right for another. I have vegetarian friends that would be appalled at this way of eating. They are healthy, thin and strong.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Cleaning out your kitchen to go paleo [...]

2. [...] is inflammation? The myth of discipline Paul Jaminet’s theory of obesity, 1: The fat trap Cleaning out your kitchen to go paleo CBS sings the praises of saturated [...]

3. [...] Go and Having More Recapping Two Years of Crossfit (or How I Came to Adore Calluses) How to Clean Out Your Kitchen for Paleo How to Be More Interesting (in 10 Simple Steps) Ladies: Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Bulky [...]

4. [...] the link to the kitchen clean out that I mentioned in the [...]