Since Jeff started this crazy idea you have been telling us you love it when I post recipes. So here is a great paleo red cabbage chicken salad recipe that is really filling, and when paired with some fresh fruit makes a great lunch or dinner.
Grandma is a big cabbage fan and she loved this. It is healthy, easy and yummy goodness. The food processor is your friend for this dish! When I prepared this I made a little extra because the leftovers are an easy lunch for the next day.
Here’s what goes in it:
- 1 head of red cabbage cut for salad
- 1 diced pink lady apple
- 1 handful of organic raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 cup of chopped grilled chicken (for convenience I used Kirkland’s Grilled Chicken Breast Strips from Costco)
- 4 table spoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 table spoons of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
You can serve this right after you make it or refrigerate it until chilled.